REVIEW & SWATCHES - Salma Hayek Nuance Eye Quad - Neutral and Smokey

Tuesday, November 15, 2011
Here I am, back to reviewing some of the items from the Nuance Line. I have been working hard on getting these pumped out. The emails that have been coming in, show me that so many of you are interested in this line. As with all make up lines, there are some good products and some not so good products. I should say, I purchased all these items from this line and this is simply just MY opinion. To see the other reviews, the links will be listed at the bottom of this post.

This evening, I am going to talk to you about 2 different shadow quads.

As you can see the shape of these..


take on the same tear drop shape as many of the products from this line. Kinda neat..

The first one I am going to talk about is the

Salma Hayek Nuance Beautiful Blends Eye Quad # 080 - Neutral

$ 8.99 each, Only Sold at CVS


Here is the product information

Neutral Eye Quad Color Key: 1. toasted almond; 2. shimmering bronze; 3. champagne gold; 4. frosted blush. Beautiful blends. Create the perfect natural look with neutral colors that shade, highlight and define. Combine the four complementary shades to highlight, contour and define for a complete look, or use separately to create multiple looks. Fine-milled pigments leave a light, velvety finish that spreads and blends easily. Rice lipids & vitamin E condition, nourish and protect lids.

Ingredients

Dimethicone, Magnesium Stearate, Talc, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Lipids, Ethylhexylglycerin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Tin Oxide, May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Carmine, Chromium Oxide Greens, FD&C Red 40 Al Lake, FD&C Yellow 5 Lake, Ferric Ferrocyanide.

Directions for use

Get the Look: Sweep Champagne Gold (3) onto your lid. Blend Shimmering Bronze (2) into your crease. Apply Frosted Blush (4) as a highlight to both browbone and inner corner of your eye. Blend Toasted Almond (1) into the outer corner and along lower lash line.

Here it is..

As you can see it opens right up to all the colors. There are 4 colors in this quad. I mean its pretty easy to tell on your own but there is not description of colors other than on the box.



It also comes with a sponge applicator that sits comfortably right in the middle of the quad.


However, this little applicator is pointless. I can't see where ANYONE would get a great look with this.


Lets go over the swatches..

From left to right

Frosted Blush

Champagne Gold

Shimmering Bronze

Toasted Almond

On to the second quad..


This is the

Salma Hayek Nuance Beautiful Blends Eye Quad  # 075 Smokey

$ 8.99, sold only at CVS

Here is the product information:

Smokey Eye Quad Color Key: 1. cool charcoal; 2. warm smoke; 3. silver mist; 4. pearl teal. Beautiful blends. Create alluring, smokey eyes with coordinating colors that shade, highlight and define. Combine the four complementary shades to highlight, contour and define for a complete look, or use separately to create multiple looks. Fine-milled pigments leave a light, velvety finish that spreads and blends easily. Rice lipids & vitamin E condition, nourish and protect lids.

Ingredients

Dimethicone, Magnesium Stearate, Talc, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Lipids, Ethylhexylglycerin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Tin Oxide, May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Carmine, Chromium Oxide Greens, FD&C Red 40 Al Lake, FD&C Yellow 5 Lake, Ferric Ferrocyanide.

Directions

Get the Look: Sweep Pearl Teal (4) onto your lid. Blend Warm Smoke (2) into your crease. Apply Silver Mist (3) as a highlight to both browbone and inner corner of your eye. Blend Cool Charcoal (1) into the outer corner and along lower lash line.


As you can see this opens up just as the one above and there is no other listing of the shades besides what is on the box.

Here are the swatches


Left to Right

Silver Mist

Cool Charcoal

Warm Smoke

Pearl Teal

Now on to MY thoughts..

I am rather impressed with these shadows. I think for a drugstore products these are pretty good. All these colors are pretty much shimmer shadows. I think they are a little hard, but I found using a brush worked just fine opposed to that little sponge applicator that comes with these. Also I found the color pretty buildable and when used with a primer or cream shadow, the color payoff was pretty good. BTW. with the swatches for both quads above, I used no primer.  I didn't have a lot of fall out with these either. They blended fine with the right brushes and I liked them. I don't think one quad is better than the other. I think if you like neutrals you will like the first and if you like bolder colors, the second one is for you. I clearly own both and use them maybe once a week.

What I am not crazy about is the packaging. I think this tear drop design is hard to store and hard to travel with. This design did catch my eye and was one of the main reasons I purchased it but now after trying them out, I would have rathered a more simple package for these.

Over all, I am happy with this purchase and I would recommend these quads to people.

Let me know your thoughts if you have tried them!




Here are the links to my other Nuance Reviews












K Jaggers