Review.. Salma Hayeck NUANCE ROSE PETAL HYDRATING BALM

Wednesday, November 9, 2011
Yesterday, I showed you the REVIEW ON THE SALMA HAYECK NUANCE SMOOTH AND SHINE SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER and today I would like to talk to you about another product from the line.

If you want to see the original haul you can click HERE to check it out!

This product we are going to be discussing today is the


Rose Petal Hydrating Balm

.265 oz for $ 7.99

( again all the products from the Nuance line is sold ONLY at CVS )

The product claims that the..

Rose Petal Hydrating Balm Evening Primrose, rich in essential fatty acids, helps condition skin and ease irritation. Shea Butter helps provide long-lasting nourishment for soft, smooth skin.

It also claims this is a muli tasker type product that can not only be used on your lips but also your dried elbows, knees, feet, cuticles etc.



As you can see, its a pinkish smooth balm. It has a very light sent of " rose " that I love.

Here are the ingredients..

Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract, Carum Petroselinum (Parsley) Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Beeswax, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Sodium Hydroxystearate. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491,77492,77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 15850 (Red 6, Red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake), CI 17200 (Red 33 Lake), CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 15985 (Yellow 6 Lake), CI 47005 (Yellow 10 Lake), CI77861 (Tin Oxide).

This contains Mineral Oil that some people don't like. For me, its not a problem.

Also again all of the products are Paraben free and Not tested on animals. And that I do love!



The packaging is a little pot that fits easily in your purse or desk drawer.


A lot of people do not like balms that come like this. I don't mind using my finger to apply it at all.



As you can see.. I just swiped my finger over it and



apply it to my lips. I did apply it to my hand in the picture above to show you that its a very light formula that you can barley see when its on.


This is not a sticky balm at all. Its very very light yet very moisturizing.

Ok.. now to my thoughts after using it for a while now..

I absolutely love this product.

To date.. this is my favorite item from the Nuance line. I don't use it on any other part of my body other than my lips. I have read that it makes a great item to use on your brows to help tame them but I have other specific items for that job. I normally put this on right before bed and in the morning, my lips feel soft and smooth.

The taste of this balm is amazing. Its a sweet rose taste and its not over powering and neither is the smell. It has a light rose scent but nothing too strong. I cannot wear a lot of rose type products if the smell is strong due to my migraines. I was a little nervous when I bought this but I really wanted to try it. I was so happy the first time I used this. Its amazing. I love Rose Petal balms ( as long as the smell is not too strong ) and this one did not disappoint.

I think this product will be great for the winter months in keeping your lips from getting chapped and also for any other dry patches you have. Again.. I don't prefer to use it any where other than my lips. I have one of these now that stays on my night stand, and one that I keep in my purse. The only down side to this product is using it with your fingers because at times, all of our hands get dirty. I don't work outside the home and I wash my hands often so this is not a big problem for me. If dipping your fingers into a balm is something you don't care for, you might want to skip this. I wouldn't though! For a drug store balm .. this one is a good one!

Also at first, I was having a little problem getting the lid to securely tighten. It will go on and be a little loose but you have to put a little more force on it and it will seal really good.

This gets a thumbs up for me!!

Have any of you tried this yet? Email me at kishajaggers@aol.com let me know!!!!  I want to hear your thoughts on it so send those emails!

K Jaggers