Review - Salma Hayek NUANCE SKIN PRIMER AND TINTED MOISTURIZER

Thursday, November 10, 2011
My meds are kicking in so I am starting to feel a bit better! Thank goodness. I got a headache out of no where and it was just killing me..

But since I am feeling better I am going to talk about the

Salma Hayek Nuance Primer and Tinted Moisturizer.


I am sure you guys have seen my other reviews this week for the Nuance Products.  If you haven't seen them yet, there are links at the bottom of this post that will take you to them. I have had these for close to a month now and I am sorry for taking so long to do the reviews but you have to try them for a little while before being able to fully say what you feel.. .

So lets get started!!


Here is the Smooth Start Skin Primer.



It comes in a squeezable tube. You get 1 fluid oz for $ 11.99

It claims it helps diminish the appearance of pores and fine lines and enhance makeup wear

White lupin seeds & safflower seed oil help improve skin's firmness and elasticity. Pumpkin seedcake nourishes and delivers improved radiance. Soft-light diffusion technology helps create a healthy glow. Vitamin E nourishes and protects skin



The listed ingredients are

Dimethicone, Isododecane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Lupinus Albus Seed Extract, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Extract, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Mica (CI 77019), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).



The directions state

After moisturizing, apply under foundation to enhance application or wear alone.

As you can see in the picture above it looks really thick but it went on



smooth and actually feels light weight.

Here are my thoughts on this primer:

For a drugstore primer, I think this is AMAZING!! I don't normally need to wear a primer on a daily basis. I don't have really oily skin and most of the time my make up stays put. But if I am going to have a busy day out and about or going out to a nice dinner, I use it. This one seemed to help my foundation stay put each time I wore it. When I was testing it out, I would put it on when I got cleaned up and by time I took a shower, my make up was fully on. It really held up well.

Now on to the..



Flawless Wear Tinted Moisturizer.

Again this is in a squeezable tube and you get 1 fluid ounce for $13.99

For foundations the Nuance line has these tinted moisturizer and a mineral foundation. I am shocked she does not have a liquid foundation.

So with my limited options I decided to try this in # 250 light/medium.



This product states
 Flawless wear. Oil-free, sheer coverage delivers a healthy, radiant glow for all skin types
Skin adapting technology balances tone, allowing your skin's natural pigments to show through. Moisture gel offers slow-release hydration. Micronized cotton powder minimizes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. 



Here are the ingredients

INGREDIENTS: WATER (AQUA), HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TRIETHYLHEXANOIN, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, GLYCERYL STEARATE, PEG-100 STEARATE, HYDROXYETHYL ACRYLATE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE, COPOLYMER, C20-22 ALKYL PHOSPHATE, C20-22 ALCOHOLS, SQUALANE, POLYSORBATE 60, GLYCERIN, POLYSILICONE-11, SORBITOL, LECITHIN, POLYSORBATE 20, DIMETHICONE, SILICA, HONEY (MEL), OLIGOPEPTIDE- 10, GOSSYPIUM HERBACEUM (COTTON) POWDER, ORYZA SATIVA (RICE) BRAN EXTRACT, DIMETHYLACRYLAMIDE/ACRYLIC ACID/ POLYSTYRENE ETHYL METHACRYLATE, COPOLYMER, PHYTANTRIOL, TOCOPHEROL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, TETRAHEXYLDECYL ASCORBATE, LYSINE, MAGNESIUM CHLORIDE, POTASSIUM CHLORIDE, ZINC CHLORIDE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, CELLULOSE GUM, XANTHAN GUM, SODIUM HYALURONATE, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, DISODIUM EDTA, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, HEXYLENE GLYCOL MAY CONTAIN (+/-): MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)



The directions state

Squeeze a small amount onto fingertips and blend evenly onto face, avoiding eye area

I thought this felt pretty light and a bit watery.

When I blended into my skin



I saw very little coverage.

My thoughts on this product are..

As with most tinted moisturizers, I am not a fan.. NOT AT ALL. I like more coverage and even people who has perfect skin might have a problem with this because I couldn't tell at all how it could even out skin tone at all. You can barley tell that you are wearing anything on your face. I tried my concealer first just to get a little extra coverage and still it didn't look good. I even tried to build this up a bit but as with all tinted moisturizers, they do not layer well.

HERE ARE MY FINAL THOUGHTS ON BOTH THESE PRODUCTS

I think for drugstore products these both have a high price tag. I like the primer and don't really mind paying full price for it, that is, if I wore primer on a daily basis. Since I don't I will not buy this again unless its on sale.. I think it works great and if you are someone who loves primer, this might just be for you!

The Tinted Moisturizer is a miss for me. The only time I ever really wear any kind of tinted moisturizer is when maybe we have company and I want something to put on right after I shower if I have to be around people. But my skin is pretty clear and I don't really have to wear this to feel comfortable. Moisturizer alone does it for me. I think this product is just not that good and for basically $ 14.00 its NOT worth it. I didn't have high expectations for this. I got it because I just wanted to test a foundation type of product from the line and I am not fond of mineral foundations. So I can't say I didn't see it coming!


 
Have any of you guys tried either of these!? I am really curious how you feel about them both. Email me and let me know!


Here is the links to the other reviews. More to come!




 
K Jaggers