Saying Hi from my Frazzled World...

Saturday, June 6, 2015
Hello friends. I wanted to take a few minutes to talk to you guys about what has been going on around here. Many of you know its been a crazy life for us the past few weeks. But maybe...just maybe a light at the end of the tunnel. I don't really even know where to start but recently we were told that we were going to have to move out in 30 days. There is so much going on in our lives that we just couldn't believe it was happening. It was so hard to know we passed our home inspection with flying colors...moving in the right direction for our family only to be hit with this. I was freaking out. I was so worried how it would be for the very important business down south. I honestly felt defeated. But my husband got on the phone today and actually had a calm conversation with the landlord. I am not sure why she would lie to us about this or that but apparently, she got a new modification loan on this house with her payment being on the 1st. We pay on the 15th and she has been late with the payments since the new loan was established. She wants the difference between the 1st and 15th...something I totally do not understand which amounts to a bunch of money and she wants us to pay the $60 late fees she has been paying. What I truly don't understand is the scare tactics instead of just calling us...explain things and give us a hard number. I simply don't understand. But my calm non emotional husband worked it out with her and we are suppose to be signing a new lease on Monday with a higher payment. How nice is that? I was packing today and super upset but I came to terms with it. Then only to have the rug pulled out from under me again to be told we are staying. I guess I will feel better once the lease is signed but this was totally shady and unprofessional. But Scott was right to strike the deal. We have a big obligation to the people in the south and we have an obligation to the family we have here. It's cheaper and easier to take her deal than move out right away. I am still going to do my best to find a country house and move out in a year or so but I am so tired of the uphill battle we have been facing. We have been praying as a family and privately and maybe God just wanted me to make sure a lease was signed again before it was too late. Maybe it was a wake up call to how fast you can be homeless without a lease. It has felt like a nightmare the past couple of days. Now I have to unpack the boxes that Jackson and I packed. Can you believe that???? Maybe I jumped the gun and should have waited to start packing but I couldn't just sit around when I thought I had a home to pack up. I will be soooooo happy to be able to call down south and give them the good news once the new lease is signed. I am not sure they will understand but I will do my best to explain it all. But I think the year lease will make them happy regardless of our crazy landlords behavior. Still...we are just normal everyday people...she could have talked to us and explained her problems instead of going postal and freaking us out. We were so happy with the inspection and her gloom and doom totally ruined the moment but you know what...we are not giving up. If for some reason this doesn't work out then we will move on...move out and start over. And it will not defeat or end us. We are going to stand strong as a family in the face of fear and anxiety.  We are going to hope and pray that she holds to her word and focus on getting our house back in order and planning our vacation that we sooooooooooooooooo need. I think today I am going to unpack, not overthink everything and just refocus my energy on something positive. I also think on Monday when we do get the new lease, we will go out and celebrate that and passing our home inspection. We didn't get to do that because of everything that happened with the house but I think we should take time to celebrate and thank God for getting us through all these obstacles. We also want to thank YOU GUYS whom have been leaving comments on all our social media with your suggestions. I am so blessed to have an online family that supports us, lifts us in your prayers, and gives great advice. I am amazed by your love and really you guys are so smart. You think of things that slip by me sometimes, and Scott and I are so grateful for you taking your own time to comment and let me know what you think can help. Thank you so much. I did record a day in the life vlog and I am just going to share it right here to explain things better.


I feel now that I might have over-reacted but when you are told you have to move out in 30 days with lots of stuff going on with the kids, the cruise and to add packing and moving was just so overwhelming! At this point, we are not going to unpack anything until I get the new lease. I just don't trust the landlord but Scott thinks he's worked it all out. So I will totally follow his lead and pray it works out ok. He's strong and smart so my trust is in him for our family. 

Get Subscribed:

 Instagram