Movie Review : Django

Tuesday, May 7, 2013


Hi friends!

There have been so many good movies here lately that I am just getting around to reviewing this movie. So I know by now you all have heard about Django. People went nuts over it in good and bad ways which made me want to see what the fuss is all about. I like Quentin Tarantino movies anyway and I really like Jamie Fox.

So incase you haven't heard about it, here is what the movie is about.

Set in the South two years before the Civil War, Django Unchained stars Jamie Foxx as Django, a slave whose brutal history with his former owners lands him face-to-face with German-born bounty hunter Dr. King Schultz (Christoph Waltz). Schultz is on the trail of the murderous Brittle brothers, and only Django can lead him to his bounty. Honing vital hunting skills, Django remains focused on one goal: finding and rescuing Broomhilda (Kerry Washington), the wife he lost to the slave trade long ago. Django and Schultz's search ultimately leads them to Calvin Candie (Leonardo DiCaprio), the proprietor of "Candyland," an infamous plantation. Exploring the compound under false pretenses, Django and Schultz arouse the suspicion of Stephen (Samuel L. Jackson), Candie's trusted house slave. -- (C) Weinstein



django_1_intro





So this movie has been watched, reviewed, criticized, and raved about for a while now. I really liked the movie. Sure there were parts of it that I didn't like but it had a wonderful cast that totally made the movie.








                                                               
Jamie fox was so amazing in this movie. I really love him. All this roles in movies have been pretty damn good if you ask me....not to mention his music sounds good too. I thought his performance was really good and loved watching him.






I honestly could look at Leonardo DiCaprio all day long. He just keeps getting more and more beautiful as he ages. His character comes a little later in the movie which was somewhat disappointing but he was phenomenal. I read that he had trouble using the " N " word but had to do it.








And the interaction between the two was the best part of the movie. Besides it being a Quentin Tarantino film, I think these two made the movie... together. 



But Christoph Waltz was fun to watch too. In this movie, I thought he was a little more funny that serious. However, he had no problems killing anyone in this move. None of them did.



I thought the use of the N word was a little much. After watching it, I kinda understand why they used it so much but I didn't like it. Clearly you shouldn't have your kids around when watching this. There are some extreme torture scenes in this movie with a lot of blood. You have to be prepared for what you are about to watch. It's bloody, hilarious, shocking, and kinda angry film that is the kind of great art and great trash mixed together. And that is because of mad writer Quentin Tarantino. I don't know many people who would tackle slavery in a movie as he did in this one. It was horrific and hard to watch for that reason but all of that happened and its part of our history as sad as it is.

Here's the trailer...


I have to give it 

because the combination of the creative writing and talented actors made this crazy movie brilliant.

Have you watched it yet? What do you think about the movie?

K Jaggers
Post Comment
Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I love hearing from you! It takes me a minute to moderate the comments so it should show up shortly.