Monday Makeup : Rimmel 9 in 1 BB Cream [ Review, Swatches, & Pictures ]

Monday, May 6, 2013

Hi friends! For Makeup Monday I would like to take a few minutes to talk to you about the Rimmel 9 in 1 BB Cream. [ $6.99, CVS... you can see my haul here! ]     

This product claims 9 in 1 Results :


Primes
Moisturizes
Minimizes Pores
Covers
Conceals
Smooths
Brightens
Mattifies
Sun Protection ( SPF 15 )




 As you can see, it comes in a tube which is typical for a BB Cream...I don't really like how it looks after some use but it does wipe off easily. [ Click below to continue reading! ]






The formula is pretty thick and it dries out rather fast. I tried blending it in with my fingers at first but it was just too streaky so I buffed it into my skin with a flat - top kabuki which did work better but you do have to really blend it into the skin fast. 

 I go the shade - Light - which actually is a decent match for me. I would say if you are in the NC20-25 range then this shade would be ok for you. It offers a semi matte medium coverage which is pretty nice for a BB Cream. I tried it on my bare skin at first just to see how it would work for me and it was a bit too drying. I found it did cling to a few dry patches but not too bad. I then went ahead and tried it with over a moisturizer and it worked much better for me. Like most BB Creams this comes in a limited amount of shades.. Light.. Medium.. Medium Dark. You might even have to mix shades to get the right color for your skin...which would be a total pain in the ass! 
So for me, I didn't find it too moisturizing, actually it kinda was drying.. but I have dry skin anyway.. and a little moisturizer first fixed it.. but if you have oily or combination skin this might be perfect for you! If you do get oily, you could always set it with some extra powder. 

I found that it covered enough for my everyday makeup looks, and lasted a while too. I also liked that the scent was not that of the standard grose sunscreen scent instead it had barely any smell at all. I found it it lasted a while for me without even setting it.. I thought after about 5 hours the makeup looked pretty good. It evened out my skintone and didn't feel heavy at all. I also thought it did a pretty good job at minimizing my pores. One thing I disagree with is that its brightening. For me, it was matte.. but again, the moisturizer helps with that problem. 

I think for a drugstore BB Cream this one is pretty good. I think it would be perfect for someone with oily skin who wants a little more coverage. I think that's the best thing about this BB Cream. The coverage is better than any other drugstore BB that I have tested. I was able to build it up too.. but if you want a more sheer coverage use a moisturizer first and if you do you use your fingers it will apply more sheer. But you have to hurry and blend it into the skin well before it dries. 

Overall, I think this is a good drugstore BB Cream, that is if you can find a match. It has really nice coverage, lasts all day, it evened out my skin tone and it hasn't caused me any breakouts. 

For the price, its a hit! (: 


Have you tried this? Do you agree with my thoughts?? Let me know! 

K Jaggers


Post Comment
Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I love hearing from you! It takes me a minute to moderate the comments so it should show up shortly.