Banana Pudding Poke Cake [ Video ]

Friday, May 3, 2013

This cake has been going all around the internet but its nothing new for my family. My grandmother use to make these for church all the time. She would switch out the cake mix and pudding and change the crumb topping and she would have a totally new cake! These cakes are gooey and delicious! 

Here's the video.. pictures and more info below! 


Click on the link below to see the pictures and instructions...


You just need 1 box of yellow cake mix. ( bake as directed )

2 boxes of instant banana cream pudding ( make as directed )

1 12 oz container of Cool Whip ( thawed )

About ½ box of Vanilla Wafer Cookies ( crushed )





.
Bake the cake as directed.

Poke holes in the cake with a  the end of a wooden spoon ( or something simliar ) while its warm. You want the holes to be big so the pudding can get down in the cake. 

Pour the pudding over the cake. Smooth it over and then top with the entire container of coolwhip 



Sprinkle the top with crushed wafers. 

Cover and refrigerate for a couple of hours. 

BTW.. you could make this like a boston cream pie if you put some chocolate icing/glaze on top of the pudding and then the do the whip cream and cookies. 




Top with sliced bananas right before serving and enjoy! 



Let me know if you try this yummy cake! 

K Jaggers
11 comments on "Banana Pudding Poke Cake [ Video ]"
  1. This looks so yummy, I definately think I will have to try it out. The only thing is I am the only one who eats bananas in my house, so I would end up eating it all myself!! lol Hugs, Jen :-) x
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well then make a chocolate one! Just get a chocolate cake mix, chocolate pudding and put the whipped cream on top and maybe top with some grated chocolate..Yummmmmmmm!!!!

      Delete
  2. Hi Kisha
    This looks amazing. Ive gotta try one. Thanks for sharing it at my Recipe Swap Hop today.
    I'm also your newest follower. Can't wait to see what you cook up next.
    Angel @ sewcraftyangel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.. it really is delicious! Hope you have a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. sounds good and looks delicious! Will have to give it a whirl. Thanks!
    Linda
    mysewwhatblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! I have sweet tooth problems and this cake is calling to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks so delicious!!

    Would love it if you could share this on my link party Serenity Saturday

    Natasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousMay 05, 2013

    i have been seeing so many pins for this kind of recipe - it looks so yummy, need to add to my list of things to make! thanks for sharing and so happy to have found your site from the recipe swap!

    Amanda @ The Anti-Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love anything to do with bananas! I'm hosting a new linky party at http://hickorytrailblog.blogspot.com/2013/05/efforts-and-assets-linky-party-1.html

    I would love to have you!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yumm...I am pinning this!

    Have a great day,
    Ellya

    http://www.curiositaellya.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love a slice of this cake :) We can't wait to see what you share at tomorrow's All My Bloggy Friends!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I love hearing from you! It takes me a minute to moderate the comments so it should show up shortly.