Tuesday Tips & Tricks!

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Spring has offically started here in North Carolina and that means.. ANTS & BUGS!! The other day I noticed some black ants coming in at the back door. There were only a few but that was wayyyyy too many for me! So I decided to take action NOW instead of just trying to kill them one by one. I do not like killing anything.. including ants but I can't handle any kind of bug being in my home!

So here is a handy solution that should work for anyone dealing with this little pests!


Ingredients:
1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons boric acid
3 cups warm water

Directions:
1. Mix the sugar and boric acid well.
2. Add the warm water slowly, mixing all the while so it won't be too lumpy.
3. Store in a jar until ready to use.
4. When ready to use, put cotton into the top of a jar lid to fill it and then saturate the cotton to the top.
5. Place it in the location where it is needed.

6. Note: This solution will keep for a long while. A good technique is to drip a drop or two over the edge of the lid to rest on the counter so the ants will find the solution sooner. It sometimes takes a little while for them to find it, but find it they will. When they do, do not disturb them as they drink. They will hang over the edge of the lid and drink for a while and then take it back to the nest killing the colony. Almost overnight they will be gone. I actually poured a lot of this solution around the back door.. and in the window sills just to try to prevent any from coming in!

Do you have a great tip for getting rid of ants? Share it please!!

xoxo

K Jaggers
3 comments on "Tuesday Tips & Tricks! "
  1. Ooooooh awesome! We have ants in our porch area... I'm going to try this!

    Thanks!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need tricks on how to get rid of spiders. The live in my windows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Jennifer.. it works!! Good luck with rid of the little pests!

    @ ChanTell, I will find some tricks for you and post them soon! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I love hearing from you! It takes me a minute to moderate the comments so it should show up shortly.