Monday Movie Review : Lincoln

Monday, April 8, 2013


I feel like I am running behind with so many movie review.. Be that as it may, I am going to be talking to you tonight about the Steven Spielberg Lincoln movie. I know almost everyone on the planet has heard of this movie.. it was big during award season. But in case you didn't hear about it.. here's what the movie is about..

Steven Spielberg directs Daniel Day-Lewis in Lincoln, a revealing drama that focuses on the 16th President's tumultuous final months in office. In a nation divided by war and the strong winds of change, Lincoln pursues a course of action designed to end the war, unite the country and abolish slavery. With the moral courage and fierce determination to succeed, his choices during this critical moment will change the fate of generations to come. -- (C) Walt Disney

Here's the trailer.. 


Ok.. here are my thoughts on this film. I really wanted to like this movie. I love time period movies.. I love history so you would think Lincoln would be for me. Well, I liked different parts of the movie but over all.. I just didn't care for it. Part of the problem I had is the movie is so dark. I could barley watch it during the day hours.. I tried adjusting my settings on the tv and still had trouble seeing it. I know they were trying to stay authentic to the lighting of that time but for me.. this was a problem. Now.. I think there is a lot of good in the movie too. Of course the history of the United States is very important and ending slavery in our country was even more important. But it dragged out 2.5 hours long and just lost me. It didn't captivate me.. But I don't think this was a problem with actors. .It has some excellent performances that have been mentioned a thousand times by everyone else but each one of them were superb Lincoln offers proof of what magic can happen when an actor falls in love with his character. Daniel Day Louis was amazing. He looked amazing and he just melted into that character. 


So I am giving this movie 



Because Lincoln is a movie that was much easier for me to admire than to love. but still managed to impress me.  Don't get me wrong, there is some very interesting bits in this film, but there's also too much. I'm sure history buffs will looove this film like there is no tomorrow, but for many people like myself, this could be a little off-putting. If you told me you loved this film, I wouldn't question it, but if you told me you didn't like it, I would understand that too.

 I simply am in the middle.

Did you watch it? What are your thoughts??

xoxo

K Jaggers

Post Comment
Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I love hearing from you! It takes me a minute to moderate the comments so it should show up shortly.