Monday Makeup : Olay Total Effects 7 in 1 CC Cream [ Photos, Swatches & Video ]

Monday, April 29, 2013

Happy Monday Friends! I hope you are having a wonderful day. I want to take a few minutes to go over the new Olay Total Effects 7 in 1 CC Cream. I just saw the display for the first time in my local CVS and had to get one! 

First is the video and below is more pictures and information. 

Hope you enjoy!



I found this at my CVS for $22.00... no joke. 


This is the first time I saw anything in the drugstore from a " CC " line and was super interested in trying it. It has all kinds of claims such as.. 

Olay Total Effects Moisturizer + Serum Duo – fragrance free combines the Total Effects moisturizer you love with an intense serum to fight 7 signs of aging:

1. LINES AND WRINKLES
2. LOSS OF FIRMNESS
3. VISIBLE PORES
4. UNEVEN TONE
5. UNEVEN SKIN TEXTURE
6. DRYNESS
7. DULLNESS

I mean who wouldn't love a product that offers all that in 1. 


It comes in a large 1.7 ounce pump bottle


 and offers SPF 15

This is what one pump gives you...


its actually a generous amount. 


This looks like a really thick type of foundation but not let that fool you.. 



When you rub it in, it almost goes to a gel like texture and virtually disappears into the skin within seconds of applying it. 

I've tried a few BB creams--Garnier, Maybelline, L'oreal, Aveeno,  among others--and saw this advertised as a CC Cream and thought it would be magical and provide everything a BB cream does but with much better coverage. It was not magical at all. Its basically a moisturizer with a tiny drop of foundation, and it did NOT provide the coverage I was hoping for.  I am 37 with pretty fair dry skin, . It was really moisturizing but it also has kind of a weird too-slippery texture, and takes a very long time to dry.

I tried it in a few different ways. I wore it alone and it was way too sheer for me. It did feel good going on and even the sunscreen smell wasn't bad but again.. NO COVERAGE. Next I tried it alone with just a little concealer and set it with some loose powder. That still didn't give me the look I wanted. So then I tried it under my foundation.. which did work much better. I used it in place of both my moisturizer and primer then used my trusted Revlon Colorstay Foundation right over it. It did help give me a little bit more of a glow but still not that noticeable.


In the picture above.. I was wearing on the CC cream. Nothing else. 

There was no building this up either.. when I tried that my face just became a bit grease ball. It just basically piling on more and more moisturizer and sunscreen.

I tried it not only under my foundation but I also patted a little bit on top of the foundation and I finally got the results I was wanting. ( you can see what it looks like in the first picture of this post ) And honestly, putting it under my foundation and also on top is a little more than what I want to do on a daily basis. I really wanted to like this.. I love most of the Olay products but for me this was a big MISS.

I normally don't like to do negative reviews.. but this one isn't totally negative because it works just fine under my foundation. But I really wanted to let you guys know if you want any coverage at all.. this is not for you. This is very pricey coming in between $22-25 per bottle for a drugstore product that should deliver better than it does. It might do some wonderful things if you keep using it for a long time.. and I will continue for a while to see if it improves my skin and I will let you know if my opinion changes. This would be great if you have perfect skin but its targeted at older skin.. and most of us women who are not in our 20's.. need more coverage.

If you have tried this product, I would love to hear from you in the comments!

K Jaggers


4 comments on "Monday Makeup : Olay Total Effects 7 in 1 CC Cream [ Photos, Swatches & Video ]"
  1. Sounds good and looks like it blends well! I may just have to try it :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it because it was just too sheer for me!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the post. I have been wanting to try this!
    Stop by some time http://styledlikearockstar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you did this review, because I was actually thinking about trying a CC cream, I won't be trying this one! I want a little more coverage!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I love hearing from you! It takes me a minute to moderate the comments so it should show up shortly.