Makeup Monday: Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Mascara Review & Photos

Monday, February 25, 2013
Happy Monday Friends! Today for Makeup Monday I would like to take a few minutes of your time to go over..



Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Mascara.  ( This is the Waterproof one ) 

$8.00, CVS

Explosive volume in rocket time! Bigger, smoother lashes. Now, the most explosive, beautiful lashes ever! Volum' Express The Rocket Mascara's patented supersonic brush with micro bristles loads on big, sleek volume instantly. Our fast-glide formula keeps lashes smooth. Zero clumps guaranteed!



Take a look at the brush. Its pretty similar to the Covergirl Lash Blast Mascara.. Its large with little spikes that grasp onto lashes, coating them, and pulling them up and out.


This is a intense black gel-based mascara. Since it’s gel-based...The formula is pretty moist and gives plenty of time to apply evenly before it dries.


Maybelline is saying this is their best mascara yet, having something to do with this cool brush. The brush has an internal core made of firm elastomeric material, which applies pressure to lashes and deposits a big dose of mascara to each single lash! 

Lets See..


 It goes on easy...its a pretty thick formula..


It really does what it says.. Look at the underneath picture I took.. and it explains it pretty well. The brush deposits more mascara at the bottom of the lashes and then as you bring the wand out it kinda separates the tips of the the lashes.  


I have been wearing this for a couple of weeks now and I am TOTALLY IMPRESSED with this drugstore mascara. Lately I have been hooked on the Clinque High Impact Volume Mascara and also the Avon Super Shock Mascara too. But I have reached for this mascara more than any of the others. I love it!! 

This is the waterproof version and it does take a little work to remove. And if I don't get it all off my lashes feel
 " crispy " which I don't like. But for some reason my eyes have been watering some so I thought the waterproof would be better than having my mascara run.  This mascara does not run at all. I haven't noticed it flaking either. It does have the typical mascara smell.. but its not too strong. It doesn't bother me at all. 

 For a natural clump-free look you need to apply lightly. For the more thick dark lashes move the wand from side-to-side while applying and I get really close to the roots when I apply all mascara... giving my lashes a even fuller look. 

I am shocked to say.. 

I looooooooove this mascara!


Don't pass up trying it.. and its not that expensive! Save your receipt and if you don't like it, take it back! 

Have you tried it!? What do you think about it!? 

K Jaggers
Post Comment
Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I love hearing from you! It takes me a minute to moderate the comments so it should show up shortly.