[TESTING ] Rapberry Fudge Mocha Mousse Trifle Recipe

Monday, November 21, 2011
Hello !!! Hello!!!

I found this recipe in the paper


and decided to test it out.

I will first go through it step by step and then I will give you my final thoughts on it.


Here is basically the ingredients.

Trifle dish, angle food cake, jar of Smuckers Raspberry Preserves, Smuckers Hot Fudge, A big thing of cool whip, 1/2 cup of coffee, and a package of fresh raspberries.


It calls for 2 regular containers of cool whip or 1 large one.


Here are the Preserves and Hot Fudge


Raspberries - I rinsed them in the package


1/2 cup of strong coffee


And a pre made Angle Food Cake

First off,


cut the angle food cake in about 1 inch cubes. Remember to use a serrated knife


and sit aside.

Next up..


measure out 3/4 of the raspberry preserves

and then take out a few of the raspberries



and set aside.

With the remainder berries



add them to the


preserves.


mix


and set aside.

Then take a the hot fudge



and add a couple table spoons to a baggie



push it down to the corner and


set aside

In a large bowl



take add the



hot fudge then


add the coffee


and then start



mixing until


smooth. Then take


half the cool whip and


fold in.



until mixed.

At this point,



add 1/2 the angle food cake to the trifle dish


and then add 1/2 of the chocolate mouse.

Then add


raspberry mixture on top of the moose



and carefully spread around.



add the remaining angle food cake


( top view ) and then


add the rest of the mouse.



Then take the rest of the



whipped cream and add it to the top.

Then take the remainder of the preserves and




for a few seconds to thin it out.



Same with the hot fudge.



Then cut the corner of the bag so you can drizzle it over the top.



Yea.. not too pretty..



I was hoping it would at least taste good.

Well.. I served it up to my friends and we all pretty much had the same thoughts on it..

NEEDS MORE RASPBERRY TASTE

Besides that it was good. I think 2 jars would have been better and I wouldn't drizzle anything over it. The Raspberries on top would be just fine. I wanted to follow the recipe but everyone who had it last night, thought it needed a little tweaking!

Let me know if you saw this recipe and intend on trying it!


K Jaggers
Post Comment
Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I love hearing from you! It takes me a minute to moderate the comments so it should show up shortly.