Movie Review.. WATER FOR ELEPHANTS

Saturday, November 5, 2011


This review might be a little long so just hang in there with me.

First off.. I know this movie was based off the book, however I did not read the book. I rented this movie last night while husby was in bed sleeping because he is sick..

I didn't think I would like it much when I saw all the previews.. but boy was I wrong!!

It started off with Jacob - Robert Pattinson jumping a train that was carrying everyone that was a part of the circus. From there he falls in love with Marlena - Reese Witherspoon over their love and compassion for a big elephant named Rosie.. However, Marlena is married to August -  Christoph Waltz who is an abusive man of sorts.

I don't know how many of you remember Christoph Waltz from Inglorious Bastards ( another great movie ) but he was the mean General who shot up that house in the beginning of the movie.. He is a very very talented actor.. and in this movie.. he was no short of amazing.

There was tons of animals in this movie and there is some animal abuse.. I wanted to turn the tv off when it started but I couldn't. I managed to get through it till the next scene.. And of course. NO ANIMALS WERE HURT WITH THE MAKING OF THIS MOVIE.

I felt like I went back in time with this movie because of the costumes, make up, and hair. Its truly a very interesting movie from many different angles. The costumes alone were so great. The make up on Reese Witherspoon was very true to the time as was her hair. Not to mention Robert Pattinson was sure easy on the eyes!

This movie, made me laugh, cry , scream, and really make me think. All these emotions from 1 movie means only 1 thing..

THIS WAS A GREAT MOVIE.. Not to be missed..

I would give this movie a 10.. hands down one of the best movies I have ever seen.

Rent it.. you won't be disappointed!!!

In fact, when husby gets home around 4:30 we are going to curl up and watch it together.. I can't let him miss this movie.. No way!!

And if you have read the book or have already seen this movie.. send me an email to kishajaggers@aol.com and let me know what you think of it!! I want to hear if I am the only one that thinks this movie is one of the best movies of the year!!!


Here's the trailer!!




K Jaggers
Post Comment
Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I love hearing from you! It takes me a minute to moderate the comments so it should show up shortly.