The Alamo and San Antoino River Walk

Saturday, June 25, 2011
So after drinks at the hotel we headed off to the Alamo and the river walk...Just so you guys who don't know the Alamo is one of the most famous battles in US history where a limited number of famous Texas Soldiers held off thousands upon thousands of Mexico's army.. Mexico was trying to re take Texas and that was just not in the cards! I posted a old picture to show you how it looked in 1835..


Here is how it kinda looked I suppose!


And here it is now!

My family!!


The sun was right in our eyes!

Mom and Don..


Alamo sign



Leaders of the Alamo..


Lots of people seeing this historical sight..

Then we were heading to the river walk..

We had to walk through this pretty hotel where..

Jackson got a hug from Laci..♥


Brittany Belle..


Jackson wanted to go all the way up the glass elevator so that's what we did!!


and he loved it!!


and back down we go!

And before I knew it we were at the river walk!!

What a beautiful area!


I loved it.. and after seeing the boat I knew that was something we would have to do..

But first we stopped for a few drinks..


Were I got a picture with Jackson!

 

Really neat area..


Tons of stuff to do down here..


I just thought it was a magical area!



My kiddo's

Love the winding side walks!!


and old buildings!!


and on the way a family of ducks that


were really cute!!

Picture from moms camera!!

See how pretty it is?

Picture Time!!!!!!!!


Don and Jackson

Mom and Don


Scott and me!


Mom, Me and Laci


Love this waterfall..


The buildings are great!

Then when the sun set it looked so pretty with all the lights..
 
So I thought this was the perfect time to get on a boat.. Get some rest and take a look around. What is upsetting is I videoed the entire boat ride that I was going to upload but that's one of the things I lost..



So pretty.. really love this area..



Mom and Don wanted to go into Hooters for Jackson but Laci and I were not too crazy about that idea so we steared clear!

On the boat we went..

Sitting and watching..


and trying to cool off!


Brittany Belle!


Me and Jackson!

I thought the boat ride was amazing.


Our guide gave us lots of history about the area.



Lots of channels and bridges


Scott and I ..


The boat ride was actually pretty long.


because it went through all the histroy of the area..


and I love history!


More of the boat ride..

I think we all enjoyed it..


We came across this bridge coming into the river walk.

Soon it was back across that bridge to go back to the hotel..


When I got this picture..

I think this is one of the most beautiful pictures of the night.


Then walking back to the hotel we saw these Cinderella buggies pulled by horses all around the hotel..



I loved them too.. But we were just exhausted and wanted to get back otherwise we would have rode in one.
We had a really good time here and I am so glad that we got to see this part of the country. I am not a huge fan of Texas but I sure like knowing what went on there many years ago..

Great trip..

The next day was sea world.. =))

K Jaggers
Post Comment
Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I love hearing from you! It takes me a minute to moderate the comments so it should show up shortly.