Sunday Inspiration

Sunday, May 24, 2015
Happy Sunday friends! I hope you are having a wonderful day. It's such a beautiful day around here. The windows are open, the birds are singing, the sun is shinning and I feel God in everything. 


I have been thinking a lot here lately of a few people in our lives who are having difficult times. I don't assume to know everything but in their own ways they seem totally in despair. It's a feeling I have known well over the years myself. Maybe that's why I can recognize it in others so easily. For all of us, if we are still breathing...and the sun rises on another day; it is not too late to change things to how you really want and need them to be. Throughout my life I have made a lot of wrong turns ( at least they were wrong in my head ) but because of my family and mostly God, I still found my way to a better place. None of us are our mistakes. Really those mistakes are suppose to be a powerful force that teaches you a particular lesson. And if you don't get the lesson, it will keep coming harder and harder until you do. At least that is what I have found. 

God understands the struggles we all have. He gives us hope and other options and even without our knowledge guides us to where we need to be, if we simply let him. John 13:7 reminds us all that → You don't understand now what I am doing but someday you will. ← Our life with our kids and family is not always easy. We still struggle and wonder why things are happening. But I trust that God will see us through everything. I trust that all our short comings will be forgiven. I trust God will take care of my kids, my family, myself.....our world. I hope though, you guys remember we all free will. We can make our own decisions, we can make mistakes, and hopefully our spirits will grow all the way through. 



We will always have storms in our life and we won’t always make the right decisions.  We won’t always follow-through on things we need to do. But we can either walk through the storm with God and our family or we can go through life never realizing there's a bigger picture. God always has a plan for what we endure and what we struggle with but we can’t always see it. We have to put our trust and hope in him to bring us through it. We can change things. It first starts with living for God and knowing that no matter what happens in our lives, we will be ok. Then it takes actual action to make that u-turn to get back on the road you need to be on. No matter what happens, life has a funny way of going on. I have found with age, the bigger picture is always at the front of my mind. For me that means making sure my children are well prepared for the future when I am not here any longer. Praying, hoping that I will have enough time to make sure that happens. That's my only wish...that's what close my eyes and think about blowing out birthday candles, wishing upon stars and sending prayers up. They have been my biggest inspiration for a more God centered life and better choices.

 And so, Lord, where do I put my hope? My only hope is in you.  Psalm 39:7