Wednesday Hodgepodge!

Wednesday, June 18, 2014




Happy Wednesday Friends! Time for another Wednesday Hodgepodge with Joyce from over at From This Side of the Pond ....this is always such a fun linkup.. join in anytime! Hope you enjoy. 


1. Since you weren't Hodgepodging last Wednesday, how did you pass the time?

Gosh I can't think of what we did last Wednesday but I am sure it was spent enjoying the beautiful weather. I love summer. I have been finding more reasons to get outside here lately. The rest of my time has been spent doing normal wife and family duties. We are having a kid free summer so my schedule is much more relaxed and honestly...I have been enjoying it! 

2. What's the first word that comes to mind when I say marriage? Yes, one word.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

com·pro·mise
ˈkämprəˌmīz/
noun
plural noun: compromises
  1. 1.
    an agreement or a settlement of a dispute that is reached by each side making concessions.
    "an ability to listen to two sides in a dispute, and devise a compromise acceptable to both"
    synonyms:agreementunderstandingsettlement, terms, dealtrade-offbargain;
    "they reached a compromise"

    give and take, concessioncooperation
    "a happy marriage needs compromise"
verb
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


3. Summer officially arrives in the Northern hemishpere later this week. Does it feel like summer where you live? Describe your idea of the perfect summer day.


I guess our weather here in South Carolina is a bit warmer than some. Today it was 96 and when I went out to the store the sun didn't feel so hot but the air was super hot to breath in. It was starting to get uncomfortable until I made it back to the car, where I quickly turned on the air conditioning. Gosh a perfect summer day would be spent with my family enjoying some kind of out door activity like...the lake! And a cook out is always nice too! 

4. "Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability."(Sam Keen) Is laziness ever respectable? Do you have a lazy summer planned, or something semi-ambitious?

Oh God Yes. Its totally ok to have lazy moments in the summer. Actually its ok any season because we all work hard. We need breaks and little catnaps in the hammocks. We need time to read a good book, watch a good movie, eat a lovely dinner that we didn't have to prepare ourselves. I say do it as much as possible. Even though I have a very laid back summer planned, I do still have little jobs that I am working on around the house. For me, I am not rushing around to get dinner done in time, or help with homework or laying out Jacksons clothes. A lot of nights we are eating at 830 or even 9pm because its lighter out and we have more time which could never happen on a school night! 

5. Past or present, who's your favorite television dad? Why is he a favorite? Is he anything like your own dad?

Wow.. that's a good question. I think I like Steve Martin in Father of the Bride and the sequel. And no.. I didn't have that kind of dad but I got the dad I needed which is all that matters.

6. June 18th is International Picnic Day...share a favorite picnic memory.

We do a lot of picnics. There is something magical about going out to a beautiful spot and having a lunch and spending time enjoying each others company. Call me old fashioned but I don't think having a picnic at a picnic table is a true picnic. Gosh...that just sounds plain stupid huh!? But for me, I think its more about finding the right place, Spreading out a blanket and eating where you can even lay back and cloud gaze. I have such fond memories of laying back on a sunny day in the grass trying to figure out what what the clouds looked like. Many on those memories were days we went on picnics.

7. The travel site Trip Advisor lists the top five islands in the world for 2014 as-Ambergris Caye in Belize CayesProvidenciales in Turks and CaicosBora Bora in French PolynesiaMarco Island Florida, and Lewis and Harris in The Outer Hebrides (Scotland). Have you been to any of these? Of those listed (and if price were not a factor) which would you most like to book for a holiday?

No I haven't been to any of those islands but I would have to pick Bora Bora. I'm ready to go right now! :)

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Husby is off work today. I have no idea what we are going to be doing but I am sure it will be an easy start to the day. He stays tired. He is scheduled to work 66 hours a week and most of the time its much longer. So I anticipate dozing and catnaps till mid afternoon before I can get him motivated! I don't really mind though, because I normally plan on Wednesday's being easy because he is home. So its a pretty laid back for both of us. Its kinda strange just us being in this big house all alone. Well....the pets are here but its different in a good kind of way. I do miss the kids and would love to have them all here but its kinda feels like God knew last summer was the test of a lifetime and is giving us a much needed break this summer. I am sure by time Jackson is back home I will be in super charge mode getting him ready for the new and upcoming school year. In the mean time, we are going to spend some quality time as husband and wife in the amazing summer months.


Happy Wednesday! 



If you want to find me buzzing around online, here's where to go! :)
FacebookTwitter | Instagram | Pinterest Youtube Main Channel Youtube Vlogging Channel Bloglovin