Wednesday Hodgepodge

Wednesday, April 24, 2013



Happy Wednesday Friends! Time for one of my favorite linkups with Joyce From this side of the Pond! Feel free to answer the questions yourself and linkup! 

Hope you enjoy! 

1.      April showers bring May flowers...what have you been showered with this month?

 Bills!! No really, I have been showered with love above everything. I have been showered with loyalty from old and new friends and I have been showered with a houseful of kittens! 



2. What is the nature of compassion? Is it learned or innate? Can compassion be learned?  If you're a parent is this something you've purposely sought to instill in your children, and if so how?

 I think its both innate and learned. I think we all have it inside of us but sometimes I think it takes digging deep to find it even in the hardest of situations. I have told my husband for YEARS that I just want loving compassionate kids and yes.. I also teach it. I don't just ignore it when one of the kids hurts my feelings or anyones feelings. I let them know.. I try to teach it every chance I get. I remember Jackson saying " Look at that bum mom, standing there with his sign wanting our money. " He needs to get a job. Well Jackson ended up forking over all his allowance that day to that homeless man. There are lessons in everything including how to be compassionate. 

3. Do you prefer to watch romantic comedy or romantic drama...or are you rolling your eyes saying bring on the action flicks?

I like all movies. I love spy movies and I love romantic movies too. Recently I watched Mary & Martha which is a HBO movie.. It was amazing.. I did a review on it that I hope you check out because it was truly one of the best dramas I have ever watched. 

4. It's April which means baseball season is officially upon us in the US of A. Humphrey Bogart is quoted as saying, "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." Agree or disagree?

 Well I disagree.. BUT have you been to the ballparks recently??? I was shocked the last time I was there. They had 5 star restaurants , gourmet food.. it was pretty nice! I like baseball but I still think dinner at the Ritz would be nicer! 

5.     What's something in your community or city that needs fixing or improving?

 The damn pothole in my road sure could be fixed. I also think a lot of the speed limits could be raised too. 

6. Share a song you enjoy that mentions flowers or a specific flower in its title.




I have always loved this song!

7. April 22nd is Earth Day...do you believe in life on other planets?  That wasn't the question you were expecting was it?

I think its possible but I don't know if its likely. I think God put us here on this planet for a reason. BUT have you seen on the news that in 8 years, a selected group of people are going to be allowed to live on Mars. I about died when I saw it on the news... and here is the kicker... You can never come back. So to me they are just experimenting with us so they can find out if we can survive on another planet. CRAZY. 

8. Insert your own random thought here..

Have you ever tried to sleep in a room full of bouncing kittens. Well last night it took forever trying to get them calmed down where they ( and me ) could sleep. I just start to doze off  and then I feel something weird and its a kitten playing with my hair!! It was a pain and I might end up putting them all in the bathroom tonight so I can sleep! But they are so freaking cute that I have trouble not just letting them do whatever they want!

Hope you have a great Wednesday!

xoxo

K Jaggers
7 comments on "Wednesday Hodgepodge"
  1. Ah...what a sweet kitten...even though I'm terribly allergic to cats! Yes...love that song by Seal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a shame that you allergic!! I think I would have to the meds before I could say no to a kitty cat! And it is such a good good song isn't it!? Hope you have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  2. Seems like there are an awful lot of potholes out there! Have fun with the kitties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes.. too many! Hope you have a great Wednesday!

      Delete
  3. Never slept with a kitten and hubby loves "Kissed by a Rose" he asks for it every time we go dancing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its not easy sleeping with them... I fell back to sleep and woke back up to a kitten licking on my feet!!! Ha! And it seems everyone loves that song!

      Delete
  4. Super cute kitty picture! I'm allergic to cts much to the disappointment of my children.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I love hearing from you! It takes me a minute to moderate the comments so it should show up shortly.