Question & Answer..

Thursday, April 25, 2013


It was brought to my attention that someone had a question about my children. I wans't going to address it but I thought maybe more than 1 person had this question so I thought I would address it for anyone wondering. Here's the question/statement. 

For years you have reported that you gave birth to two children. Now you report that you gave birth to three. YOU CLAIM TO HAVE A 17 year old. That is so funny. How could you forget how many children you have? 

This is a very private topic but I will do my best to explain it so there are no more questions like this. I gave birth to my first son Jordan when I was 19 years old. He had some problems... from birth and honestly, I had no experience or wisdom to handle a child with such problems. During that time, my 24 year old brother had died and my family was destroyed. So my grandparents who were my main support system left and moved to Florida. I did my best for 3 years to care for him but it came to a point when I knew he would be better with his fathers parents. So he moved in with them and we all went on with our lives. They were able to get the care for him and they were also able to get him help for Aspergers Syndrome. However during his first 3 years of life with me, I was unable to get a Dr to confirm anything or get any help. Understand this was 15 years ago and there was a limited amount of resources for this particular problem. Out of respect for him and his privacy, I kept quit about everything. I went on to get married and have 2 more children who do not have any of the same issues as Jordan. It was a night and day difference between the kids. Now, Jordan is 17 years old... and I finally feel comfortable discussing him. I just didn't think it was appropriate to discuss his medical conditions with the world. I never " FORGOT " how many children I had. I just wanted him to get the help he needed and I didn't think it needed to be discussed in public for the sake of him. I have tried to incorporate him with Brittany and Jackson through out the years and there are still problems. While I love Jordan with all my heart, I have to protect the younger kids I have. We are working on trying to have a relationship but it takes time and again.. I don't feel its always something I should just share. I hope this answers the question.. and I will not be addressing it again. You might hear me mention Jordan or something he is up to but I am not going to go any further with his private medical problems. He is not kept secret in our family. He has had a very good relationship with my grandparents, my mom , my sister... we don't hide him. I just didn't want to address it out in the open. He deserves privacy and when he is ready, I am sure he will discuss it on his own. 

K Jaggers
2 comments on "Question & Answer.. "
  1. Hmm, I feel bad that you had to address this but I'm think it would give you and the person who asked some peace of mind. I hope Jordan's health is well.

    xo,
    janmloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. people can be so judgemental sometimes, i feel bad you had to go thru that. I totally understand how you kept his condition in privacy. Hope Jordan is getting better!

    Delightful Ideas

    $25 Sephora Gift Card Giveaway

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I love hearing from you! It takes me a minute to moderate the comments so it should show up shortly.