Wednesday Hodgepodge!

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

While we have been handling the funeral of my husbands father, the trip to Florida, or our nephew moving out.. I have totally missed this linkup! I love chatting with the ladies! I am super happy to be back home and getting things on schedule again.. 

So here we go! 


What are your plans for Easter?  Are you cooking a big lunch or dinner?  Dyeing eggs?  Attending a sun rise service?  Eating too much chocolate?
I am not sure. To be very honest it doesn't feel like Easter happening March 31st. But I am sure we will have a nice dinner together.. Since Jackson is out of school tomorrow for spring break, I think we will dye some eggs and just enjoying the day together as a family. We have yet to find a church here in North Carolina that we are members of so I am pretty sure we won't be heading to Easter service. But once we get moved either to a house closer to my husbands job or to Florida that will change but I think the main thing that matters is Spending time with your loved ones. 


What is something you feel too young to do? 


Playing shuffleboard! My grandparents had a house in a Florida community for about 10+ years where there was a club house, a pool, and of course shuffleboard courts. I thought it was fun but I was always the youngest playing with the others.. and I think it would still be the same way! 

"Love is patient, love is kind.  It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud...it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs..."

Of the characteristics mentioned in the Biblical definition of love, which do you find most difficult to live out and why? 
Patience..... because I don't have good skills at being patient. Nope.. If I ask a question, I don't want to have to wait on an answer.. if we are having a fight.. I don't want it to last. If I want to cuddle up with the love of my life.. I don't want to have to wait until he comes home from work. You know, I use to hear that 

Love Unconditionally.
but in my marriage there are serious conditions..That might not seem right but there are conditions in my marriage such as No Cheating.. No Lies.. No Physical Abuse.. No hurting the kids.. ect.. There are certainly  conditions to receiving my love. BUT.. when it comes to the kids.. thats where the unconditional love comes in. I don't understand how people confuse the two! 

What's a springtime flower you associate with your childhood?
There are 2 different ones that bring back childhood memories. 

1. My grandmother planted a lilac bush right outside my bedroom window right after we moved into that house. 

Tumblr_m9qn4udul11r61ap3o1_500_large

It smelled amazing and it also encouraged me to open my windows and let some fresh air my room. 

And the 2nd is 

Honey Suckle.. 

206124_481349525214174_100000173916367_111081239_577005605_n_large

This was all over where I grew up and it smelled so sweet and fresh. And they tasted pretty good too! 

I still love both to this day. 


Ever sung karaoke?  If so what's your go-to song?  If not, and given the opportunity, would you?
I think I would have to get my friends good and drunk to get them to listen to me sing! I don't do karaoke but that's ok.. Its just not for me! Plus I would get stage fright and it would be over before it ever started! 

What is something you keep in a basket?
My mom got me this basket for one of my birthday gifts. 


and here lately it has been sitting on my nightstand just to catch all the little stuff that 


that I like to use when I am in bed. (:  Its pretty too.. it has all kinds of cute pink dangely ♥'s all over it! Thanks mom! 

When was the last time you felt foolish?

Bahahahahahhahahhah... I can give you two examples from TODAY!! 

1. I had to wake up and get Jackson to school. I thought I was sitting the cup of coffee I had on the bakers rack but I was also too busy looking over at the cats and the coffee went everywhere. Talk about feeling foolish. Not out of the bed for 5 minutes before I made a huge mess all over the kitchen. I did do my best to hurry and clean it up but I can promise you,  there is a sticky mess in there waiting on me. 

2. Instead of coming right home and getting busy cleaning that up even more.. I decided to go back to bed. Well I had a terrible dream about husby and woke up upset about it.. After walking around the house in one hell of a bad mood for a few minutes.. I realized how stupid it was of me to let a dumb dream ruin my day. Again.. FOOLISH! 

Insert your own random thought here.
We breed Persian Cats. And Gabby had a small litter this time.. and most of you know about all the complications but this litter has such sweet kittens in it.. 


that I want to keep them all!!!!! They are just a couple days past 2 weeks old.. and doing great! Everyone in our home loves the kittens. They bring such smiles, giggles, happiness and love to us. I really consider this - home job - a total blessing for everyone here.. not just me! 

Have a great Wednesday! 

K Jaggers
 ♥
3 comments on "Wednesday Hodgepodge! "
  1. I love cats! :) Though my dog doesn't care too much for them, they really freak him out so he barks at them. He won't hurt them he just likes to chase them around the house. Anyway i've accidentally left coffee spilled on the sink and later i'd find it dripped into the cupboard below. ;/ oops! Have a HAPPY EASTER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new little kittens are so cute! It would be hard to give them away. Remember they grow up: )

    I've done a similar thing with my coffee cup. I missed the counter last week and it went all down inside my open silverware drawer. Ugh. On the bright side, my silverware drawer is now clean.

    Hope you have a nice Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Nikki.. we have a big dog too.. I am suprised he hasn't started meowing yet! Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful Easter!

    @ Joyce.. I totally understand what you are saying.. because now I am going to mop the entire kitchen floor in a few minutes and I also have to really clean the big bakers rack too. I am sure it will feel nice to have it all done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I love hearing from you! It takes me a minute to moderate the comments so it should show up shortly.