Monday Movie Review : Flight

Monday, February 18, 2013

Hello!! I hope you are having a beautiful evening! For tonight's movie review.. we will be discussing 

FLIGHT


Here's what the movie is about..

In this action-packed mystery thriller, Academy Award winner, Denzel Washington stars as Whip Whitaker, a seasoned airline pilot, who miraculously crash lands his plane after a mid-air catastrophe, saving nearly every soul on board. After the crash, Whip is hailed as a hero, but as more is learned, more questions than answers arise as to who or what was really at fault and what really happened on that plane? -- (C) Official Site


All the previews for this had my husband and I wanting to see it. Personally I think Denzel is an AMAZING actor and I would pretty much watch any movie that he stars in. 

Check out the trailer...


So was this movie as good as it seemed.. 

Yes, its a pretty damn good movie. Denzel does a great job at portraying a drunk airline pilot who struggles through out the entire movie. First.. seeing someone with such a terrible addiction was hard to watch. But he played the part well and then on a day where he was coming off a bender.. goes ahead and has some drinks and cocaine to settle himself.. he gets cleaned up..


( I have never been a woman for a man in a uniform but DAMN.. he looked amazing ) 

and flys a big jet during terrible weather. One thing leads to another and they go tumbling out of the sky. He does some crazy maneuvers and lands the plane in a field saving almost every soul on the plane. He came out of the accident a hero but then so much is found out about him. He's got a team protecting him.. making drug test disappear.. and records disappear but it becomes too much for him to live with. His drinking gets worse and worse..He started carrying on a relationship with a woman he met at the hospital who actually made him think about settling down and sobering up. Mind you..I said, think about.. He didn't actually do it... remaining sober proved to be too hard. 


Sooo his dope man 


played by John Goodman would come in and save the day over and over! He would come into a drunk Denzel.. sober him up with cocaine and back out the door he would go! Funny how cocaine could sober you up when drunk..I sure didn't know that. I would think it would just mess you up more. News to me! 

In the end.. the truth sets him free even though its not exactly the way I expected it to. 

I am giving this movie 


because it was really good. Denzel shinned as he always does. This movie does not disappoint in any way. Its a must see.. What scares me is this could seriously be real.. I bet pilots do it every day.. more than we all realize. 

BTW.. make sure that the kids are in bed or out of the room.. this is a totally adult movie with nudity.. cursing.. and drug use. But I do think it would be great for a date night in! 

xoxo

K Jaggers
2 comments on "Monday Movie Review : Flight"
  1. I loved it too. I was just mad that he couldn't kick the habit like I wanted him too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ ChanTell.. OMG.. I loved it! And that man can hang a suit can't he!? It is sad that he couldn't stop when he wanted but it turned out ok!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I love hearing from you! It takes me a minute to moderate the comments so it should show up shortly.