Kitty Birthing Supplies and Birthing Box Ideas

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Helloooo! I thought I would share with you the supplies and birthing box you will need if you have a pregnant kitty cat. With spring fast approaching, there will be tons of pregnant females popping up, so its important to know how to properly care for them. 

So here are my thoughts! 



This box we keep around with a lot of the necessities.. 


Unscented Baby Wipes
Couple of towels
Binder for kitten notes
Dental Floss 
Alcohol Pads
Rubbing Alcohol. 
Baby Nose Exasperator
Scissors
Extra pads for the birthing box. 
Also I forgot to mention that its good to keep a can of their favorite food in this box too.. because labor can be long sometimes and the mom gets hungry!  
  
Here is the birthing box I am currently using. 


Love that it has these holes that are  


a little bit up.. that way the kittens stay put and the mom can get out. 

I also keep 


Paper towels, more pads for the box, and a heating bad next to the box in case they are needed. 

Also this is the other kind of box I use at times.. 


which works really well when the kittens are young but once they get where they are playing and climbing.. they will tear this apart. But if you have to leave and want the mom and kittens to stay put in one place.. this zips up to keep them in. It works well. But Gabby seems to like the box better! 

You could use any box for the birthing box. Its important to get your queen use to it. I feed Gabby in the box and she is in it a lot. You have to make them comfortable otherwise they will find another place on their own! And if you do find your cat giving birth in an area of your home that you don't want.. you can genitally move her to the box. I have done that a couple of times. Just be careful doing it.  

Soon I will be posting pictures of our new babies! Its so exciting!!!! 

Hope you are having a wonderful afternoon! 

xoxo

K Jaggers

Post Comment
Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I love hearing from you! It takes me a minute to moderate the comments so it should show up shortly.