From the Jaggers Family Kitchen : Warm Winter Beef Stew { Video and Pictures }

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Last night I made the most comforting pot of stew.. The video explains everything and there are pictures and notes below! 

Enjoy! 


Here's the recipe.. 

3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Butter
2 pounds Stew Meat
1 whole Medium Onion, Diced
3 cloves Garlic, Minced
1 can Beer
4 cups Beef Stock
1 can of diced tomoatoes
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
1/2 teaspoon Paprika
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1-1/2 teaspoon Sugar
4 whole Carrots, Washed, Unpeeled, And Roughly Sliced
6 whole New Potatoes, Quartered
Bundle of fresh Thyme
Minced Parsley (optional)

And here's how to make it!



Heat oil and butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Brown meat in two batches, setting aside on a plate when brown. Set aside.


Dice onion


Mince garlic 


Add diced onions to the pot. Stir and cook for two or three minutes until softened, then add garlic for another minute.


Then add..


beer and beef stock, then add Worcestershire, tomato paste, paprika, salt, pepper, and sugar.


  Add beef back into the pot. Stir to combine. Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
 The liquid should cook down to a thicker state. If it gets too thick/reduces too much, add additional water as needed.I didn't have to add any though!



Add carrots and potatoes and also add 


the can of diced tomatoes. 

 then cover and cook for an additional 30 minutes.



 (If stew gets dry, just add a cup of hot water at a time to replenish the liquid.) 


Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.

Also I like to thicken the stew some.. so I used about 1/2 cup of flour and 1 cup of beef stock that I mixed up.. 


And poured in the stew. For a smaller amount of stew.. use less. 

I also mixed up some quick corn bread


And dinner was served! 


It was the perfect dinner for a cold night in. I also love that it was a 1 bot meal that went from the stove.. to the table and directly in the frig. No big clean up! And what I did have to clean up, I did when the stew was cooking. 

My family loved it and we have plenty of leftovers to either freeze or eat! 

Let me know if you try this! 

xoxo

K Jaggers

Post Comment
Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I love hearing from you! It takes me a minute to moderate the comments so it should show up shortly.