MY HEALTHY LUNCH TODAY!!

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I made this for lunch today after walking on the treadmill.. I then posted this picture on facebook and almost instanly I got a email asking what it is because it looked soooo good.

So here is the recipe..

Asparagus Toasts with Mascarpone, Prosciutto & Soft-Boiled Eggs.

To make these toasts, preheat the oven to 400ºF. Slice a loaf of french bread into four 1/2-inch thick pieces. Place on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and toast until golden. Meanwhile, place four eggs in a small saucepan. Cover with cold water, bring to a boil and simmer for five minutes. Plunge the eggs into cold water. After three minutes, peel and slice the eggs. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Blanch one bunch of asparagus for 30 seconds. Spread the toasts with a spoonful of mascarpone cheese. Top each with a slice of prosciutto, a few pieces of asparagus and the sliced eggs. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Now I was out of Mascarpone so I used just some provolone cheese instead..Any cheese would work.. Mascarpone is a lot like cream cheese and that would work too!

I didnt just pick it up and eat it.. Instead I used a knife and fork just to make it easier..

What a yummy lunch!

K Jaggers
Post Comment
Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I love hearing from you! It takes me a minute to moderate the comments so it should show up shortly.