Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Liner vs Loreal Lineur Intense Liner

Tuesday, November 1, 2011
The other day I picked up this ..


Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Eye liner..


As you can see its waterproof, smudge proof and is suppose to last up to 24 hours..


Its got very simple instructions..


It also comes with a little brush ..


As you can see its pretty flat and not too pointed..


You can see this is a gel.. and it will glide on easy..

And here is the look I got with the Gel..


My thoughts on this is.. The gel is nice.. the brush needs a little work. I prefer a pointer thinner brush to apply gel eyeliner or liquid eye liner.

When I compare it to this eyeliner..


That I got a few weeks ago..


with its felt point applicator..

Here is the results I got with this product..



see the difference. This one is much much more precise.. As you can see i even use it under the lashes and it didn't smudge. One thing about this liner that it tends to be a little more shinny but I love it. I think the applicator makes it so easy. Hands down the Loreal Lineur Intense Liner is one of my top picks right now.. I can't always seem to find it at CVS or even Walmart but I can usually find it at Walgreens.

For some reason.. I have really been loving the cat eye look. I think I have wore it every day for over a week now.. I have been playing around and seeing what different looks I can come up with. I don't always line the bottom.. but I think it looks better when the bottom line is connected to the top line. Also this look would be 1000% better with fake lashes. But just for a normal day.. I go with a few coats of mascara and I'm done. I really like wearing the winged eyeliner look with browns, golds, and nudes. I think it just looks amazing that way. I know many of you struggle with getting this shape with the eyeliner and also making both eyes look the same. I am thinking about doing a post on how to do a cat eye look but its going to be extremely hard to do it with pictures and I am just not sure about doing it on video or not..

A couple of my tips are ( and this applies to Gel, Liquid or even pencil ) ..

Start in the middle of your eye.. as you work towards the corner go thinner with your line..

Then come back to the outer corner and work on the shape of the wing.. Most of the time, I come from the bottom and bring it up and fill it in..When you wing it out the tail should be tapered up and go very thin at the end.  You could also hold a piece of tissue from the corner of your eye at a angle that goes up towards the end of your eye brow, then draw your line.

A long time ago when I first started doing winged liner, I would use a pencil to get the shape and I would also use a q tip to get the lines cleaned up..  then carefully add my shadow to my eye and then go over the pencil with a liquid liner. And that really helped. I have also used a white soft liner to get the line right then went over that with my liquid liner.

For me now.. I just put the shadow on and then the liner.. but what I suggest..

PRACTICE.. PRACTICE.. PRACTICE..

So hands down.. I am more in love with the Loreal Lineur Instense Liner Liner!!

If you haven't got any yet.. try it!!

I think you will love it.. but make sure its the one with the felt tip instead of the brush because it works much easier!!

xoxo

K Jaggers
Post Comment
Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I love hearing from you! It takes me a minute to moderate the comments so it should show up shortly.