Maybelline Great Lash Loads of Lashes Review!!

Thursday, November 3, 2011

In yesterday's haul ( You can click HERE if you didn't see it yet ) but one of the things I got was this.. 


Maybelline Great Lash 


Mascara. Now.. I have not used this mascara in many many years.. What comes to mind when I see it, is this is the mascara I remember my mom having in her make up bag when I was little. With so many new mascara's hitting the market over the past few years, this one kinda got pushed to the side.. 

But yesterday, I had to get it. What really drew me to it was this.. 



Brush. Is that not a cool looking brush!? I just liked it.. When I saw it I knew that it should work well to get the little lashes ( with the tip ) and also add volume with the larger base. They call this a " heart " shaped brush and I guess looking at it now from an upside angle.. I can see the heart shape! 


So here it is.. all lubed up with mascara...

As you can see.. 


with the shape of the wand, it does clump a little on the bottom of the brush. 



See.. it seems to clump just at the bottom area.. but also the.. 



wand tends to get a little product on it too.. What I recommend it wiping the wand off just a little with the tube before applying it to your eyes.. 

When I put this on today.. 



I was really really really surprised at how well this went on my lashes. Now this is not the best picture.. one of the reasons is my eyeliner was all faded and smudged but look at the mascara.. 



it really coated well.. and I am sure that if I would have taken more time, it would have looked even better! 

I am very surprised that I am blogging that I like this mascara but the truth is.. I really do! 

This is Maybellines gift to 40 years of Great Lashes. Yep.. its been around that long! I mean.. they have to be doing something right to keep this brand on the shelves this long. Staying true to the original pink and green packaging, this mascara comes in 3 shades. Very Black, Blackest Black and Brownish Black. The one I picked is the Very Black..

This made a believer out of me! I can't believe I am saying this but I really like this mascara and I am shocked that its better than what I thought it would be! This retails for around $6.49 and if you are at all interested in trying this.. I soooo would! I think its a great mascara for the price and I am happy I bought it!!

Have you tried this yet!!??


K Jaggers

Post Comment
Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I love hearing from you! It takes me a minute to moderate the comments so it should show up shortly.