One Of The ~ BEST ~ Days Ever!!

Monday, July 11, 2011
Well as many of you know.. we headed out to Lake Lure today for a fun family get away! Before I start going through the pictures I must say that I have found my second jewel of North Carolina. The first of course was the Biltmore Estate..I have not found much here I like but slowly its starting to change!

Hope you enjoy a little from our day!



Almost there!


It was a really pretty drive and it didn't take too long..


Just around the corner from the lake!


See the lake ahead!

It was so pretty!


Not even here 5 minutes and I already love it!


Time to look around town for a minute!


So much to see!


Officially here!

Look at that mountain in the back ground


So charming!

I think I could move here!

Every where I look its beautiful!

Boat rentals..


Then we went into Chimney Rock which is kinda like Gatlinburg Tenn.


Tons of shops and things to do!


The mountains were so beautiful.

Again.. what a beautiful area..


Love Love Love this old car!


I just fell in love with it here.


It was so much better than I thought it would be..


Beach time!


The kids were all pumped up to go!

Another beautiful area.

That mountain in the back drop was so beautiful. I kept telling the kids to really look around and never forget this exact moment.


I love creating memories..


It wasn't a huge beach but it was really nice..


The kids were straight into the water!


It was one of those moments that you know you will never forget


Brittany is getting right into the water in this picture..If you look close you can see her and Scott right at the edge of the water!


Lunch!!


Guess he was thirsty!

Jackson and some ducks!


Loved this water area!



I also loved this area where you could by 15 water balloons for $4.00 and have a water balloon fight. They have this launchers which worked pretty well!



Making our way to the slides!


Here they are!


and there is my son running back from already going down!


There is Brittany coming down!


Back to the other part!


Then they were back up waiting in line for the slides!

Brittany again!


A life gard sits out there and watches them!

Jackson

Brittany and Jackson!


And here is Scott coming out of the slide!


He loved it too!


Jackson just couldn't get enough!


Scott again!


He must have went down just as much as the kids!


Looks like he is having fun!


Kids were getting out so much energy!


Scott in the kiddie area.


What a beautiful place.. beautiful day.. beautiful family!



Brittany!


Brittany & me as we were getting ready to go to another area of the lake.


Back in the car we are!

Here are a few of the houses we saw while there..


Love this one!

So nice!


Ready to move in!


Love this sign!


The mountains are just beautiful!


Up the mountain we go!


We were just going right along..


until we ran out of road!

So with Scott's handy dandy GPS in the car..



We backed back down the mountain!

Could it get any more beautiful than this?


It was just amazing!


Another beautiful house!


Scott liked this one!


And this one was MY favorite!

We had to get back to Chimney Rock..

So through the shops again!



As you can see.. tons of stuff here!


I think this is where Scott and I are coming back without the kids!


Willow Creek..


Laura's House

And finally...


Chimney Rock State Park..


We are coming here to hike..






It looks like they also have a little rock climbing area!


Up we go..


This little house kinda sits in the middle of the road.. Wonder who lives there!


Omg.. That is where we are hiking to!

Yep.. $34.00 to go hiking.. Was thinking to myself that this should be free..


Time to go!


This was taken right at the beginning. I dressed for comfort.. Shorts.. old shirt.. I knew what the day was going to hold so I dressed for it.. But..I had my bathing suit on under and it was wet and kinda made my t-shirt heavy!


What a view..


My kiddos!


Scott and the kids..


Me and the kids.. Sorry for such a blurry picture!

Then we were off to go down the OutCroppings Trail.


They call it Moderate to Strenuous.. Hummmm..

Tons and Tons of steps!


To get to the top of the of Pulpit Rock its like 500 steps. It was .5 miles with a elevation of 2280.


Honestly.. it about killed me..


It got to a point where I was having trouble breathing.


Almost there!

Now that is a view!!!!!


Wasn't even that nervous about being so high up..

It was just utterly amazing.


The kids were having fun!


Here Scott and I are after the long hike up!

I actually like this picture a lot!

 

Brittany Belle


About time to head to the next trail..

The Hickory Nut Falls Trail..



This trail leads to a 404 ft waterfall. There was also ancient cliffs as you wind through it.


Break time!


The boys ahead!


Waiting on us!


We made it!!


Really Pretty!


The kids were so happy to get here!



Looking up!


Water coming down ..


Making a area where all the kids could play!


And they loved it!


Brittany Belle!


More great memories!


We were wore out and ready to head towards the car.. But it was still a loooong walk!


But Scott took time to explain things to Jackson about nature..


And we moved right along!


I just couldn't believe how beautiful this place was!


Had to stop at the cave!


Where it was nice and cool!


No way in hell I was going back up those steps.. again!

So we kept going around the woods to the parking lot.

But before we got there I twisted my left ankle and skinned up ..



my right knee. =(

But I got up and kept going!

And before we knew it. we made it to the road.. Scott went and got the car .. so I wouldn't have to walk all the way..

We were so exhausted by that point.. but we needed to eat again.

So we found this great little



Picnic area on the side of the mountain where we got out and got our cooler out and had some sandwiches. All along the mountains are these areas. Such a nice park..

Totally worth the $ 34.00 !!!



Before we knew it.. Both kids crashed out..

I dozed off too.. But we stopped at a fruit market and picked up..



a bunch of yummy fruits and veggies and headed home.

So now I sit here.. beat up.. tired.. well.. more like exhausted but totally happy that we had a great family day and made a ton of memories. I keep telling everyone that we we leave this planet.. and our life is over.. all we can take with us is our love and memories.. I hope that our day inspires you and your family to get out and make those memories that will last forever.

I am heading to bed.. Its been a super long day. Tomorrow we have NO plans.. except sleeping in and hanging out at home. So I will chat with you guys more about this trip.. ( got so much to tell you about it! ) and much more!

But Sleep first!!

xoxo

K Jaggers