MINT CHOCOLATE BROWNIES...YUMMMMMMMMM!!!

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I haven't made these in years. I was going through one of my very very old cookbooks ( one from cooking school ) and saw this recipe..Who can resist chocolate paired with mint??? I remember making this over 10 years ago and every time I did it was a huge huge hit!! If you have the ingredients on hand they are just as easy to make as those from a box. However...you can skip the brownie part and use a box mix if you like..Sometimes I did when I was in a hurry! But from scratch is always always better!


Mint Brownies

 
For the brownies:

( box mix will do too )

1/2 cup unsalted butter

2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped

2 large eggs

1 cup sugar

1/2 cup all-purpose flour

pinch of salt

1/2 tsp peppermint extract

1/2 tsp vanilla extract



For the toppings:

1 cup sifted powdered sugar

2 T unsalted butter, at room temperature

1 T milk

1/4 tsp peppermint extract

green food coloring, optional



4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped, or chocolate chips

2 T unsalted butter



Brownies:

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly butter an 8x8 or 9x9-inch metal baking pan. Melt the butter and chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat until smooth. Set aside. Using an electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add chocolate mixture, flour and salt, and peppermint and vanilla extracts; stir until just blended. Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake 25 minutes for 8x8 pan and a little less for 9x9 pan. Cool slightly.



Toppings:

Beat powdered sugar, 2 T butter, milk, peppermint extract, and one drop of green food coloring, if using, in a bowl until creamy. Spread over brownies and chill until set, about one hour.



Melt chocolate and 2T butter in a small saucepan over low heat until smooth. Cool slightly. Pour over mint topping, spreading evenly. Cover and chill until set, about one hour. Makes 20 small brownies.
 
 
____________________________________________________
 
I wanted to get this posted in case any of you guys want to get the ingredients to make this step by step with me later this week..I do think I will make double the recipe and use a box mix just to get through it a little faster..I am sending it in with Scott and the guys at work will never notice the difference between scratch and box mix!
 
K Jaggers
Post Comment
Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I love hearing from you! It takes me a minute to moderate the comments so it should show up shortly.