Wednesday Hodgepodge!

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Happy Wednesday Friends! Time for another Wednesday Hodgepodge with Joyce from over at From This Side of the Pond ....this is always such a fun linkup.. join in anytime! Hope you enjoy. 

1. What news story are you following right now?

Gosh all of them. Mostly though, the kids who were just killed in California by Elliot Rodger. How can we not pause and really think about what is going on. I am so sad by our country becoming a war zone. I have spoke of gun control so many times and I have a feeling it will be falling on deaf ears. I just don't get it. I said in my weekend in review post, we - the US have more mass murders by our own people than any other country. - Seriously. What does that say about us here in the US? To me it says we are making a war zone out of our own country with guns and the mentally ill and just plain evil people. What if your child or family member is next? Will you stand up and do something then? I think its time for a change in our society and since the government can't get it right...really our only hope is the children that are coming up, put a stop to this violence. They will have to be the ones to change things. The older generation just won't do it. 

Another not so serious of a story I have been hearing about and reading is the picture of Dutches Kate showing her bare butt. No joke. Wanna see the actual picture?? →Here it is.← There has been all kinds of banter back and forth wondering if she is wearing a thong or in fact nothing at all. This has been happening for a while where she has her Marilyn moments but this is a little much. She was on a tour in Australia and New Zealand and she couldn't put some undies on that have a little more fabric or weights in her skirt? Really?? I am a huge fan but she is suppose to be Queen one day and showing her ass in full is a little much. I know it was not intentional - but she has to be aware of the problem and doing little about it. In fact she is wearing very little under her dresses out on public tours...yea, I'm shocked to say the least. We all know she has a beautiful body, she doesn't have to have her cute little wispy dresses blowing up. This never happens to the Queen. I think its time she figures out that its not so becoming to have your dress blowing up with the wind and not being covered up under. Cameras are always on her when she is out and about so I can't really blame the photographer because he was doing his job when she was in a public setting but I can blame her for mooning everyone. She should know better by now. Lets hope this hugely embarrassing picture teaches her to cover up a little more and maybe she put some weights in those dresses. One can hope. 

2. What's the last thing you wanted but didn't get?


I went to get this bedding set so I could redo my bedroom and when I saw it in person I kinda got nervous because it stood out so much that I didn't get it. Now I am kinda regretting it so maybe I will get it in the coming days. I just don't know! Do you think its too flashy???

3. May 28th is National Hamburger Day...when did you last have a hamburger? Other than your own kitchen or BBQ grill, where is your favorite place to go for a hamburger? And for all you non-meat eaters out there...when you're invited to a cookout what is the one side dish you hope is on the menu?

I had a burger just the other day at a little French Bistro which was pretty good topped grilled leeks. I use to have a little favorite spot called Newts in our old town but sadly I just haven't found a great spot here yet!

4. How have your priorities changed over time?

I could write a book on that question alone. I think in my early 20's my priorities were basically selfish and all about me. Then Brittany and Jackson came along and changed everything about how I see things. The older I get, I am really starting to figure out what really matters and those are where my priorities lay.


5. What's a favorite memory with your grandparents?                                                                                                                           You just have all kinds of wonderful questions this week! I grew with my grand parents being the main ones who raised me. I was super close to my grand father and all my memories with him are amazing. Even the hard times, I can look back and see his good will, loyalty and love for me. The memories are endless and sometimes haunting since he is not here anymore. I have wonderful memories with my Grandma Mary making popcorn balls every year at Halloween which I always think about in the fall months. Between her and my Grandfather Watteau, I was blessed with a lot of love and great memories that will forever be apart of my heart and soul. 


6. On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being fantastic!), how good are you at multitasking? Share an example.

8 - I would guess. But it really depends on the day. If things are going good I can be working on a blog post, work on dinner and take calls all at the same time. I get things to a certain point in the kitchen, take a break for a minute or two...head back to the computer and continue with my computer work all while talking to my mom or friend on the phone! :) But if its a day where I am just being a scatter brain, I don't multi task too well. It really depends on the day. 

7. How would you summarize your highs and lows for the month of May?                                                                                                                                                                                              The end of April was not so easy for me. I went into May kinda broken if you will, and in just 4 weeks I feel so much better. I made some necessary changes and it helped May be a better month. I haven't had too many lows which I am totally grateful for. I am seeing a new therapist who is helping me see things from a different point of view which is kinda enlightening. Also we had our oldest daughters college graduation so we got to have a little mini vacation during the month of May. We saw family and friends and had a wonderful time. So seeing her graduate..was for sure a high. May has been good to me and I am so very thankful for it. Lets hope it carries over into June! :)            

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

During this month I have been spending a lot of time organizing different areas of our home. I just finished my walk in closet and did a tour with a lot of organizational ideas and not to mention, I just re organized my desk and the laundry room is next. It feels good to have the areas I use the most nice and tidy. It helps everything run so much smoothly for me when things are put up. I am going to keep working on all the areas around our house that needs some improvement. I know in the long run, it will be so worth it. However, I doubt today I will be organizing anything. I have to pick Jackson up early from school and take him to a dentist appointment. When we have late afternoon appointments, its always a struggle to get things done in the evenings. Dinner is all prepped and ready to go into the oven when we get home and lets just hope he doesn't have any cavities! :) I hope you all have a beautiful and blessed week. - Thanks for stopping by! 


If you want to find me buzzing around online, here's where to go! :)
FacebookTwitter | Instagram | Pinterest Youtube Main Channel Youtube Vlogging Channel Bloglovin