Wednesday Hodgepodge

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Happy Wednesday Friends! Time for another Wednesday Hodgepodge with Joyce  From this Side of the Pond! Hope you enjoy! 

1. May is National Blood Pressure Month...what sends yours soaring, either literally or figuratively? What calms you down? When did you last have your bp checked?

I went to the Dr. about 6 months ago and they checked it. It was low as always.. I don't know what that means?? But to further answer that question, I consider myself pretty laid back. But if you hurt kids or animals I just can't handle it. To calm down I normally remove myself from whatever situation.  I just walk away and my way to a glass of wine and a hot bath. 



K4qcv56lby8stpe1o34qn1lbc8h99r0t_large



2. You just found $1-what do you spend it on? How about 10$ 100?


I am sure the dollar would be put up to spend later...If I found $10 I would probably give it to Jackson for lunch money or allowance. And if I found $100 I would try to see who's it was so I could return it but if I couldn't.. I would take my family out to a nice dinner and a movie! 





3. Mandatory labeling of genetically engineered (GE) food has been proposed, but not enacted in the US. How much attention do you give food labels before you buy? Are you in favor of labeling if it means an increase in food prices? Is this an issue you've been following and feel strongly about, or is this the first you've heard of the controversy? 

10ec043e11b866b547b0a603bd87fde8_large

I haven't been following it too closely...I do read them some but probably not as much as I should. I don't know why we need an entire label for Genetically Engineered Food.. why not a stamp instead to save money? 





4. May 15th marks the birthdate of Frank Baum, author of The Wizard of Oz. At this point in time, are you more in need of brains, courage, heart, or a trip back home? Explain.

I think I need a couple things off that list. I think I need brains because I am forgetting EVERYTHING. It has actually been alarming me and I told Scott to makes sure the nursing home is nice that puts me in when I get alzheimer's. I seriously think its time I start taking something to improve my memory.



Tumblr_lfljebrtul1qfhyi3o1_500_large5. "There's no place like home" is an oft repeated line from Baum's book. When was the last time you felt the truth of that statement?

I felt that the last time we were in Florida. It felt so good being there and I can't wait to move back! 

6.  Steak...yes please or no thank you? What cut do you prefer and how do you like yours cooked? Sauce or no sauce? Besides your own kitchen, where's a place you like to go to get a great steak?

I prefer a Medium Rare Steak...and if its a good cut of meat and cooked right, I don't need sauce. I love Outback for a yummy steak! 

7. When was the last time you were in a genuine hurry?

 This morning when I was taking Jackson to school! We were running late!!

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

This week I will be saying goodbye to all the kittens. ): It's never easy letting something I love go but its time that the love gets spread around a little bit. I could just keep them all because they are so darn cute but we have 2 more litters on the way so we have got to make room! The kids are not going to like it either but I know they will make others as happy as they have made us. ♥


Happy Wednesday! 

K Jaggers

1 comment on "Wednesday Hodgepodge"
  1. Oh I can see why it would be hard to say goodbye...they're so cute! I do lots of word games and crossword puzzles, sudoku too, is supposed to help keep your memory sharp.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I love hearing from you! It takes me a minute to moderate the comments so it should show up shortly.