Wednesday Hodgepodge

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Happy Wednesday!!  Time for another Wednesday Hodgepodge with Joyce from From the Other side of the Pond! Enjoy!


1. My real life friends came through with another question this week so thank you real life friends.  When you've eaten in a restaurant do you complete their comment card? Do you take online surveys highlighted at the bottom of store receipts?


No.. not normally. Sometimes if we are in a really nice place and the food is amazing.. we have asked to thank the chef. I went to culinary school and think its important if you really think a meal is amazing to thank the cook! If the service is bad.. we usually say something to the waiter in a nice way. Those comments cards are normally for doodling in my family!


2. The (US) ban on women in combat was lifted at the end of January.  It will probably be next year before specifics are worked out but it's been reported over 200,000 front line positions will eventually open up to women.  Your thoughts?


Thats so complicated. Part of me feelings like - Good for them - and part of me says its too dangerous for them. I think they should have the right though to make that decision for themselves. If they have children being cared for I don't think they should be made to go.. but if they want to go.. they should have that option. But it does scare me. But they have earned that right. They have worked and trained for it .. we have paid for their training.. so if they want to do it.. then ok.

3. In looking back at all the blog posts you've written, what's your favorite post title?


This one was kinda funny! 



4. What's worse-overly permissive parents or overly protective parents? Did your own parents lean toward the permissive or the protective category? If you're a parent where do you fall?

OMG.. how hard is that? If you saw you read my latest mommy post you would know this is very hard for me to answer. Honestly, I think both are bad. I think if you don't watch  and pay attention to your kids.. bad things are going to happen. Simple as that.. But I also think being over protective gives them no room to grow. You have to find a balance. We have a kid in the neighborhood who parents are very protective of him. He can't go to the mailbox without a helmet. And he has no disabilities. His mom followed him into our house and went up to our second floor without any notice or invite and sat in my bedroom for an hour while her son played video games. 3 of the other neighborhood kids were here too. She would have been fine checking him in at the door or coming in for a second to see my home but going up to my private bedroom for an hour was a little much. But I also have been dealing with a few parents of Brittanys friends who don't really care what their kids do. And thats super frustrating too. Again.. I think its about finding a balance between the two. 

5. Candlelight-moonlight-firelight-bright lights in the big city....which one's your favorite?


Candlelight is my favorite but I love moonlight and firelight. I do like the big city sometimes but I find it more comforting at home. And I love the fireplace.. and I love being outside under the moonlight on a summer night. And candles are just relaxing and calming for me. 

6. Dr. Seuss's birthday was celebrated on Saturday. What's a favorite book you remember (Seuss or otherwise) from your childhood?  Did books play an important role in your growing up years?  Explain.

No not really. Honestly I thought they were kinda goofy. I liked books but not that series.. However I did like a lot of the quotes and read the goofy books to my kids as they were growing up and they liked all of them!

5e318066756811e1989612313815112c_7_large



7. Share something funny you've recently read, seen, or heard.

Honestly its been pretty sad around here.. my husbands father passed away yesterday but I watched 



which always makes me laugh! And I like the first one more than the second! 

I hope you are having a wonderful Wednesday! 

K Jaggers
2 comments on "Wednesday Hodgepodge"
  1. Hey! Guess who I nominated for a Liebster Award... You! Follow the White Rabbit if your curious! Hop Hop...http://tinyurl.com/bgknhxg XOXO, Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm very sorry for your loss.

    Parenting is like walking a tightrope. And then every year the tightrope is made higher : ) Nobody gets it perfect, but I think when we really love our kids much is forgiven.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I love hearing from you! It takes me a minute to moderate the comments so it should show up shortly.