Fast and Easy Chili

Tuesday, November 1, 2011
I know there are a ton of long chili recipes out there that take hours on end to cook. Most of the time, I don't want to spend that long in the kitchen cooking anymore. I love to cook, but I also have a lot of things around here to keep me busy.. I have never really made a chili that took a long time to make. I thought since fall is here, chili is one of the best soul warming foods you can make for yourself or your family!

This fast recipe is something anyone can make even on a busy week night. I had this done and on the table in around 30 minutes..

So here it is!!


Now I doubled up on most things because I always make 2 pots ..One for me and one for husby.. and with husby's pot.. I wanted to make enough that he could take to work to share.. So I got 2 packages of ground round, 2 cans of chili beans, 2 cans of diced tomatoes, 1 can of tomato paste, one red bell pepper, and one onion.. along whatever kinda of pasta you have around the house.. I also used some minced garlic that I forgot to add to the picture above!


First I did was get the onion and red bell pepper diced up..


Got the hamburger cooking..


Once it started to brown, I added the onion, pepper and garlic to cook and soften

I got out 2 big pots... and divided up the hamburger mixture in each pot..


Added 1 can of the diced tomatoes to each pot..


Added the chili beans to Scott's pot..

And for me.. I don't like the texture of beans... So I always take a can of beans and..



mash them up with a potato masher..


and make basically a paste.. and then I added it to my pot..


Then add water to fill the pot the rest of the way up.

No real science to this.. just 3-4 cups of water to each pot.


I then divided up the tomato paste in each pot.. This will make it more rich and also help thicken it up a little ..

I normally don't use any premade seasonings either.. I just add a ton of chili powder and cumin but I saw..



this and decided to try it.


I added a packet to each pot..



and then I also like to add a little


sugar to each pot to make it taste a little fresher.

Once the chili's started boiling..


I added some pasta.. Now you can skip this if you don't like pasta in you chili but I love pasta in everything!

I like my chili even with pasta with


Crackers.

but husby likes..


cheese in his..

This meal was soooo good after a long day of moving our friend into his new apartment on a cold day.. Both of us liked it so much that both bowls ended up..


empty!!

It was a really good dinner and I loved it!

Just remember.. you can make this fast and it will taste just like you spent all day in the kitchen!

Do you have a great chili recipe? Send it to me!!!


K Jaggers
Post Comment
Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I love hearing from you! It takes me a minute to moderate the comments so it should show up shortly.